Monday, February 22, 2010

Fun Quiz Part Trois! The Answer!


Fun Quiz Part Trois! Who Am I? I love the Seychelles and have spent many years there. The world knows me best perhaps for being in the jungle with guerillas and not for my work in the Seychelles. I tried my hands at a run for the presidency. I once took a ride on an ox-cart on the island of La Digue. Who am I? Answer on Monday!

I am of course Ingrid Betancourt Pulecio.

Ms. Betancourt Pulecio (born 25 December 1961)[2] is a French-Colombian politician, former senator and anti-corruption activist.

Betancourt was kidnapped by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) on 23 February 2002 and was rescued by Colombian security forces six and a half years later on 2 July 2008.

That same year Ms. Betancourt accepted an invitation from the President of Seychelles, James Michel, on behalf of the Seychellois nation, to come back to Seychelles.

Ms. Betancourt and her two children visted and were hosted by the state. President Michel bestowed on Ms.Betancourt Seychellois citizenship, and after the Benancourt family spent several weeks relaxing and getting to meet with old Seychellois friends.

Ms. Betancourt had been in the Seychelles working to help establish the French School in the 1980's.

No comments:

Post a Comment