Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Stroll To A Village Shop


Seychelles is not without its modern shopping delights and supermarkets. Of course being an island nation sometimes the shops do run short. If you are in Victoria you will be able to visit Teemooljee's one of 5 'supermarkets' within the town area. Don't expect a Walmart or Sainsbury, but for the basics you will be able to find what you need. When back home I often like to take a simple stroll along the road and more often then not I come to a local village shop where I know I will be able to sample and purchase some of the local snacks. A gateau pimant with a cold cola or a fruit juice and a local sweet cake to be had. With my purchase made I can make my way again along my little stroll. There is something special about being able to do this still in this day and age. No bulk buying here. Just buying what you need for the day or the night and enjoying the sights and sounds of the stroll along the road surrounded by a tropical setting. When in Seychelles do go about on a 'walkabout' sampling what is on offer in the village shop.

(Photo credit Sharon Karatamoglou A friend of Seychelles and a FaceBook comrade)

No comments:

Post a Comment